Welcome to Fagervik
The Manor Church
Museum & Information
The small wooden church in traditional ochre-red colour is one of the few privately owned churches
in Finland. The church was built in 1737 by the brothers Johan Wilhelm and Michael Hising. The bell-
tower and the chapel were built in 1766. The stonewall surrounding the church and the churchyard was
added in 1780, according to new regulations given by the crown.
The church, located beautifully by the lakeside, has always served
as the centre of the community, and
holds the oldest working church-organ in Finland. Built in Stockholm
in 1726 it was a gift
The church can be visited as part of the guided tours.
© Fagervik Gård 2018